March 17, 2005

Automating build of our projects

Last several months I research continuous build system.
We already use Subversion + scons.
And we are very satisfied. So now I want to make one more step forward - install continuous build system.
Current goal of it is to continuously build all targets for all our projects. So we can see if something goes wrong. It also will help game designers to get last hot version of project.

In the future I plan to automate all build process - from SCM & File server to CD image with a game.

I searched for appropriate continuous build systems and selected some candidates:
CruiseControl
DamageControl
Luntbuild

Curerntly Luntbuild is my favorite. My requirements were:
  • Easy install
  • Web interface
  • Easy setup for new builds
DamageControl & CruiseControl are very hard to install and setup.
The only disappointing thing in Luntbuild - It uses Ant system to build projects. And Ant doesn't support Subversion!
You can also see comparision table for continuous build systems here

1 comment:

Alexander Sorokin said...

Not yet. Thanks for this tip. I'll try it tomorrow.