April 12, 2005

(Bug|Task)tracking with Bugzilla

I checked several tasktracking systems last days.
And I can recommend some -

free ones:
commercial:

Trac has no release yet - gone from my list (it also has poor admin's features)
Jira & FogBugs are great! The only reason we'll not use one of them now is their cost.

Bugzilla is a tracking system I'm evaluating in greater detail.
It seems to be quite good, with only exception - it's User Interface (UI).
UI in Bugzilla is very ugly, it has no evident features, it is just a mess of textfields, comboboxes and textlabels.
Why all of this happen?
I think, guys from Bugzilla team just making product for their own. They're guru, they make UI templates everyday, so they just can't understand why good UI is so important for their product.

So what shall I do?
If Bugzilla's featurelist will fit our needs, we will change all their templates for new ones.
It's a pity.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can also consider adding Replicons task management software (http://www.replicon.com/olp/task-management-software.aspx) which has tremendous manageability for the task and help get the end result in a better precised manner.